How to Cure Boils at Home Symptoms, Causes, and Do’s & Don’ts
Many people suffer from the problem of boils. It is a medical condition in which the skin gets infected and the source of the infection is in the hair follicle or the oil gland. As the skin becomes infected and inflames, it turns red and a tender lump appears. It takes four to five days for the lump to turn white as it starts developing pus cells. Boils usually appear on the face, neck, armpits, shoulders, and buttocks.
Common Causes of Boils:
Staphylococcal bacteria is the germ responsible for most boils. The germ can enter the body cavity through nicks or cuts and can also travel down the hair to the follicle. Some people may be more prone to developing boils than others. The high-risk groups have people who suffer from diabetes, poor hygiene habits, weak immunity, poor nutrition, exposure to harsh chemicals, and more.
Symptoms of Boils:
- Skin becomes tender and easy to irritate, the infection can make it warm and painful.
- One boil may lead to several.
- It may lead to fever.
- The swelling can affect the lymph nodes.
Dos and Don’ts of Boils:
- Make sure the skin is clean and dry at all times.
- During the summer season, wear cotton clothes or clothes made of breathable fabric.
- Take the right care for wounds and cuts.
- If there is a boil, do not touch or squeeze it.
- Do not burst the boil. Poking it with a needle is the worst thing to do.
Best Home Remedies for Boils (Cure Boils at Home):
If you are dealing with boils, it is best to consult with a dermatologist. However, there are a few proven home remedies that you can also try.
- Heat therapy:
When you apply heat to the affected area, it will work on the body making it bring white blood cells to the area. The white blood cells then fight the infection.
- Tea tree oil:
Tea Tree Oil is known for its antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Applying Tea Tree Oil can help fight the infection and soothe the skin.
- Turmeric powder:
The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory nature of Turmeric is well known. These properties come in handy in treating the boil infection.
- Epsom salt:
Epsom Salt is a very soothing remedy as it helps the boil soothe as well as drain out.
These are some of the best home remedies for boils that you can try and get relief.