Dark circles under the eye often bring trouble to our dreams of having a pretty clear face. These dark circles spoil the skin tone of that area and on above all that, it makes you look older which is really embarrassing for young people. Another fact is that dark circles can develop from a very young age. While lack of sleep is regarded as the main cause, there are many other causes which are responsible for the development of dark circles under the eye.
Causes of Dark Circles
There are a number of reasons that cause dark circles. Some of the causes are:
- Dark circles can be an inherited trait and can develop during childhood. While they gradually disappear in some children, they stay for an entire lifetime in many others.
- Allergies can also cause dark circles under the eyes. The blood vessels get dilated during nasal congestion and cause the blood to drain off from the area around the eyes, which ultimately results in the darkening of that area.
- While the lack of sleep or Sleep deprivation is a common cause, over-sleeping can also result in the formation of dark circles.
- Eczema is yet another reason that causes dark circles.
- Increases Stress levels also result in dark circles under your eyes.
- Another factor is aging which makes the skin thin and eventually leads to dark circle formation.
- Iron deficiency prevents the movement of essential oxygen to the eye tissues.
- Our changing lifestyle is yet another main cause. Excessive smoking or drinking leads to under eye circle formation. Also, excessive caffeine or cocaine intake will cause difficulty in getting enough sleep which in turn leads to the development of dark circles under the eye.