If you are conscious of skin care and watch developing skincare trends closely, you must have learned about jade rollers by now. It is a modern-day tool that has made enough noise on social media platforms and marketing channels for its skincare effects and benefits. Every other skin and beauty influencer is talking about the transformative effects of jade roller and no wonder you are planning to buy one for yourself.
But, do dermatologists recommend using a jade roller? Are they effective in achieving smooth, supple, and younger-looking skin? Well, this post answers all your concerns and queries about jade rollers. Learn the benefits of jade rollers, the best way to use and some suggestions from leading dermatologists before you make the buying decision.
What is a jade roller?
Jade roller is a beauty tool that features a jade stone fixed on top and is used by rolling the stone onto your skin. Jade stone is known for its cool-to-touch properties.
The tool is known to be a modern version of an ancient Chinese derma roller.
What's the hype?
It is believed that jade rollers can bring perfection to your skin as they enhance the effects of skin massaging. They offer the best face sculpting benefits which make the skin looks more supple, and boost elasticity and natural glow.
Is the hype real? Benefits of using jade rollers
The core benefits of jade rollers include:
- Better blood circulation and facial muscle relaxation which enhances skin tone and combat-related problems.
- It has extreme skin soothing properties as the massage reduces inflammation and skin pouffiness
- Regular use of jade roller minimizes lymphatic drainage; naturally detoxifying the skin and offering a natural glow
- It cools the skin, offers calming effects, and is relieving for headaches and stress
Is the hype real?
- Use a jade roller at the neck and slowly roll upwards covering the neckline and maintaining light pressure.
- Roll the jade roller on both sides across the jawline to the ear
- Increase the pressure, just a notch, after a few rolls
- Massage the sensitive eye area with great care using the smaller end of the roller
- Finally, reach to the forehead and massage in an up and down motion with medium pressure.
You must use facial serums to smoothen the rolling process and get better results from jade rolling.
Jade rollers are effective skincare tools in several ways provided you know how to use them correctly.