A skincare routine is a must to ensure your skin is healthy and naturally glowing all year. Expert dermatologists talk enough about the importance of skincare and how a routine can ensure you can maintain your skin in the long run. If you don’t have one already, you are compromising with a lot of aspects including protection against the sun, aging effects, skin problems like acne, pigmentation, and more.
In this post, we have talked about the basics of creating a skincare routine for yourself and how to stick to it.
Why skincare routine is important?
Skin is the first line of defence for your body and is exposed to a wide range of elements on a day-to-day basis. Right from weather changes to pollutants in the environment, harsh sun exposure to sweat, and bodily changes, a lot of elements have damaging effects on the skin. Skincare routine includes different steps that focus on removing these active pathogens and elements from the skin along with providing further protection.
With an effective skincare routine in place, you can ensure your skin is healthy and fulfills its duty as the first line of defence.
How to set up a skincare routine?
There are several steps involved in this process. You must understand that each skin is different and requires different levels of skin care. Also, morning and evening skincare are different so you must make changes in your routine accordingly. Here is how to establish a reliable skincare routine:
- Know your skin type whether it is oily, sensitive, dry, or combination skin. This step is crucial to ensure you care for your skin in the right manner.
- Set up a simple foundation for your skincare routine and include steps like cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and sunscreen.
- Maintain consistency as you follow these steps/ you can apply the first three items i.e., cleanser, toner, and moisturizer, both evening and morning while sunscreen only goes with the morning rituals.
- Extend your routine as you are now used to the basics and need extra care. Learn what your skin needs further and add vitamins like C, E & A, retinol, masks, serums, and other products as well.
Simple tips to stick to your routine:
If you want to be consistent with your skincare routine, you must follow the tips below:
- Have all your products in one place.
- Set up reminders for skincare time.
- Follow the basics religiously.
- Enjoy what you are doing.
Skincare is important and so is consistency. You must make the right skincare schedule and then give your best efforts to stick to it.
Click on the button below and get started with a skincare routine plan custom made for you