Simple Solutions for Sensitive Skin
Common symptoms of sensitive skin:
- Skin feels tight and has a burning sensation.
- Skin feels rough and easily peels off.
- Skin feels itchy, might have a stinging sensation, and/or develop a rash.
- Skin can easily turn bloodshot, is easily flushed or turns red.
Sensitive skin can be divided into the following two categories:
- Congenital: Due to genetics or physical relationships, the skin’s defense mechanisms aren’t strong enough, and irritates very easily.
- Acquired: Mainly caused due to the climate, environmental factors or improper maintenance, thereby making the skin sensitive. The skin isn’t moisturized enough and is subjected to excessive exfoliation, causing the stratum corneum to become weak or damaging it. It causes the skin to lose its water content quickly, and at the same time, external stimulating substances are easy to invade the skin, causing skin inflammation.
What you should pay attention to if you have sensitive skin
- Simple Daily skin maintenance regimen: Your skin’s maintenance regime should be as simple as possible. For sensitive and fragile skin, the maintenance procedure should emphasize on “cleaning” and “moisturizing”. Applying too many unnecessary skincare products can put more burden on the skin. Reduce the use of makeup as much as possible. Frequent use of cosmetics and cosmetic products can irritate the skin easily.
- Minimal makeup: Sensitive skin should have minimal makeup applied to it, as far as possible. Make sure to remove all traces of makeup after you come home or before going to bed. Choose a gentle makeup remover, and wash your face with warm or cold water.
- Sun protection: Make sure to give your skin enough sun protection. For sensitive skin, you can choose a good topical sunscreen and refreshing sunscreen products. Sunscreen products that are advertised as having high water and sweat resistance usually have stronger adhesion properties and are not easy to remove or clean off, but will cause more skin sensitivity.
- Avoid harsh cosmetic products: Try to avoid skincare products containing preservatives and alcohol, perfumes and active interface agents. Moisturizing can have a good effect on sensitive skin, and it is not easy to cause sensitive ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, collagen, glycerin, amino acids, and so on. For skincare products, you can choose those containing Nicotinamide (Vit. B3), Panthenol (Vit. B5) and other similar products.
- Daily habits: Improve your daily living habits. Poor eating habits and irregular sleep timings, an abnormal diet and/or too much stress, are more likely to cause sensitive skin. Timely inspection of your daily living habits, getting adequate sleep, proper exercise, and more protein intake, including vitamin A, and maintaining an overall balanced diet can help give you back healthy skin.
You can apply the simple “Weekly Free Skin Care Plan” provided by our app. In addition to providing easy-to-follow recommended steps, it will automatically remind you every day at the time you set. Or you can use our app’s “Remote Consult” feature talking to the dermatologist for consultation in more details.
During the process of improving your skin’s moisture levels. If there is any doubt, or if your situation worsens, stop the above immediately and consult a doctor.